YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
WE HAVE ANSWERS!
Or send us an email at email@example.com
WHO MAKES YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Currently, all of our products are hand-made by local artisans in the beautiful Gulf Coast city of Sarasota, Florida.
- Due to the nature of hand crafting, it is normal for there to be some variation from one garment to another, adding to its unique beauty, and is in no way to be considered a defect.
- Lastly, slight variations in fabric color may be due to computer screen settings; however, we can always assure you the end garment will be a beautiful work of art.
SIX TELL-TALE SIGNS YOU ARE PURCHASING A QUALITY PRODUCT
Natural fabric; 100% pre-shrunk cotton
Ease of care; machine wash cold, tumble dry low
Comfort; no hardware
Double stitching and surged inner seams
Hand-crafted by artisanal seamstresses
Made in the U.S.A.
WHAT IS A KIMONO?
- A kimono is a formal, long, loose robe with wide sleeves and tied around the waist with a sash or an obi
- An ancient garment that originated from Japan, between 794 to 1192 AD
- Literally translates to “thing to wear”
- Can be worn by men, women and children
WHAT IS A YUKATA?
- A yukata is a casual summer kimono usually made of cotton
House of the Broken Dragon has creatively merged the kimono and the yukata, offering 100% machine washable cotton, generously cut, unisex garments that can be worn both in private and out on the town!
HOW DO I WEAR A KIMONO?
- A kimono can be worn as a traditional bathrobe, bathing suit cover-up, or as a lightweight jacket, over leggings or with jeans. You are only limited by your imagination!
- Traditionally, a kimono is wrapped on the body, left side over right. Think of it as "wrapping your heart," first. To help you remember, House of the Broken Dragon has embroidered our logo on the left bottom panel of every kimono. You know if you are wearing your kimono "correctly" if the logo is showing!
- Unless otherwise noted, kimonos come with a matching sash, or belt, which is to be tied around the waist to keep your garment closed; the sash is 4.5” in width; length varies according to size ordered.
- You may also tie your kimono closed with an obi.
WHAT IS AN OBI?
- An obi is an extra wide sash, or belt, which is to be wrapped around the waist, tying either in the back or front
- Obis are designed to be very ornate and are worn to add dramatic flair to your kimono
- Obi’s are sold separately; they are typically 12” in width; length varies according to size ordered
WHAT SIZE SHOULD I ORDER?
When making a size selection, please note that our kimonos are cut generously in size and designed to fit both men and women; all sizes are unisex unless otherwise noted.
- Kimonos are available in four sizes:
- Kimonos are available in four lengths:
- HIPSTER (around the hip, no belt)
- JACKET (below the bum)
- COAT (varies; around need to above ankle)
- SHORT (around the knee)
- LONG (above the ankle)
DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY KIMONO?
- All fabrics are 100% cotton and have been pre-washed; simply machine wash cold and tumble dry low.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY TOTE BAG?
- Tote bags are made with 100% cotton and vinyl-coated polyester mesh; machine wash cold; air dry, only.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY WALLET?
- Wallets should be spot cleaned, only.
HOW ARE SHIPPING & RETURNS HANDLED?
All products are shipped and tracked via USPS mail
We offer international shipping
All custom order sales are FINAL
- Pre-made products can be exchanged if returned, undamaged, within 7 business days of receipt
It is our goal to provide our customers with complete satisfaction. If you are unhappy with your product for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From time to time there may be information on this site that contains inaccuracies in regards to availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.