'Twas a whirlwind of activity March 3-5 in our beautiful city of Sarasota, FL -- full of delightful and memorable experiences! Highlights includeds:
Our first television appearance on ABC 7 Suncoast View
A photoshoot with our Official Spokesmodel, Cherry Von Topp
Announcement of our business collaboration with fOOfOO slippers
Introduction of our Signature Cocktail, the "Broken Dragon," sponsored by Pusser's Rum
Our first fashion show featuring the ladies of Black Diamond Burlesque
#swoon #celebration #grateful #smallbusiness #hardwork #exhaustion
Need I say more?
It's hard to believe another year has come and gone! In reflection, we had a very good year -- wonderful experiences with some really talented people. These creative interludes took place not only in our own beautiful home town of Sarasota, Florida, but NYC, Brooklyn, and Ybor City.
We crossed a lot of things off our business "bucket list" this year, including the creation of a three minute full feature film produced by Canadian Burlesque Ambassador, Bettina May. If you haven't seen it, we encourage you to check out our 1920's promotional film introducing our newest product, the Kimono Coat; and be sure to turn up the volume to listen to some original time-period music!
So, first of all, THANK YOU to our customers, old and new, for supporting House of the Broken Dragon! We hope you love your kimono as much as we loved creating it!
Second, THANK YOU to all of the following extremely talented and professional individuals for making memories with us this past year and beyond.
Our highlights included:
- Launching our newest product:
- The Kimono Coat
- Creating our first promotional film:
- A continued retail relationship with:
- Photo shoots with these beautiful human beings (inside and out):
- Judy Pop
- Cherry Von Topp
- Amanda Sparks AKA Beautiful Distraction
- Jin Beutl
- Masae Satouchi
- Sukki Singapora (OK, so maybe it was just a selfie, but....)
- Working with talented photographers/film producers:
- Working with mad MUAH talent:
- Magazines that hosted our articles and/or print advertisements:
- Burlesque Bible Magazine
- Tease and Cake Magazine; featuring interviews from:
- Bachelor Pad Magazine
- Sabina Kelley (2017 calendar)
- Designers who helped create our digital vision:
- Organizations we donated time and/or product to:
Last, but not least, we want to say THANK YOU to our family and dear friends for supporting us thru yet another year of blood, sweat and tears. Oh, and kimono! Lots and lots of kimono....
Lisa & Paul